A Tribute to Womanhood

Welcome to "I Am Woman"...a tribute to all those women who had the courage and perseverance to stand up and fight for their rights. Thanks to those who came before us we enjoy a freedom unknown to women not too long ago. But, sadly, in many parts of the world, women continue to be repressed. In fact, even in this country there are women living today under the threat of violence...completely controlled by a violent spouse. Some may make it; others won't. Hopefully, one day ALL women will be free. May that day come soon.

4/09/2010

Welcome



"Life is always what we make it, always has been."--Grandmother Moses

Welcome to "I Am Woman"...a celebration of women from the beginning of history.  Here we will look at woman who made a difference in their world...woman who refused to be defeated...woman who had the courage to stand up for their rights.  We will celebrate the lives of those women from the distant past through those who make tomorrow's headlines...Women who make us proud to say "I Am Woman".


5 comments:

  1. WOW, I love this one and why aren't there more comments? Oh wait, you do the check-em-first thing (o:

    I love the background, the sidebar, your ideas...and you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPs, you're letting the comments through...good. Now lets get some more ladies here! I'll help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful new blog Mary! An awesome looking blog too! But, all of yours are. Looking forward to reading more here.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of your new blog!!! Stunning!! Have a great weekend!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Vicki mentioned you and it sounded interesting. Love the look of your blog. I'm all about celebrating women. Look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete